Jefferson County is home to 22 county owned parks and several trails, spread-out through the County’s 373,000 acres, for the public to enjoy as our Parks Department strives to preserve natural resources for public use and conservation. The Parks department operates and maintains a parks system with resource oriented recreation, trails, and special use parks. They also expand the parks system for environmental and land use benefits, as well as, for the health and enjoyment of Jefferson County residents and others.
To maintain high quality parks and facilities, the department is currently hiring a Parks Maintenance Worker to perform building, grounds, and development tasks. As an experienced, passionate, and safety-focused individual you will be successful while completing the below necessary tasks:
- Performing extensive vegetative management throughout the parks system including mowing, weed whipping, chemical and weed spraying, brush and shrub trimming, tree trimming and felling, prairie restoration, hazard identification, tree planting, prairie burns, invasive species control, landscape development and construction, grass seeding and mulching, and stump removal
- Providing janitorial services including cleaning and stocking restrooms, taking out trash, cleanup after special events and rentals.
- Operating vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws
- Scheduling maintenance and routine repairs on lawn mowers, trucks, and other equipment
- Assembling, installing, and inspecting outdoor equipment including playground equipment, picnic tables, park shelters, and other park amenities
- Mixing, spraying, and spreading fertilizers, herbicides, and/or insecticides on grass, shrubs, and trees
- Providing proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, and other grounds features
- Cleaning maintenance equipment and buildings
- Variety of other tasks necessary
Starting wage: $15.59/hour
Hours: 40 hours/week; 9 months/year (March – November)
Benefits: Eligible for our excellent benefits package, with details provided at the below link