Jefferson County Circuit Courts manage the general legal proceedings calendar and conduct court functions in Jefferson County, Wisconsin. The Circuit Courts conduct State, County, and some Municipal legal proceedings pursuant to Wisconsin criminal, traffic, family, civil, juvenile, and probate law. It is the goal of the Circuit Courts to provide justice to all participants and to the general public.
The Circuit Court is currently hiring a Judicial Assistant to provide administrative and general support to Judges and to Circuit Court-supervised personnel.
With excellent attention to detail, organization, and multi-tasking skills, you will be successful in this role by completing the below key tasks and responsibilities:
- Draft documents and correspondence such as opinions, decisions, reports, dispositions, memoranda, agendas, and orders, relating to routine matters for Judges’ signatures.
- Route various pleadings, letters, and other documents to the Judges with appropriate files and carry out the next course of action after the Judge’s review.
- Manage scheduling court calendars within required deadlines for hearings, trials, conferences, and appointments for the Judges and Court Commissioners, as well as scheduling alternate to in person court appearances such as phone, video conferencing and/or Zoom hearings for all court participants.
- Prepare court proceedings notices and distribute to parties involved. Prepare, maintain and distribute agendas for Security Committee, CJCC and other committee meetings.
- Update computer files regarding proceedings dates, involved parties, and relevant information such as address, attorney representation, interpreter needs, etc.
- Variety of other tasks necessary with details provided on the posted job description.