CJCC and Treatment Courts Coordinator
The mission of the Administration Department is to oversee the execution of the mission and vision of the County through the coordination and direct administrative and management functions of the County government to include the submission and execution of the annual budget, execution of the strategic plan and other planning documents, personnel actions, ensure that every county ordinance and state or federal law is observed, enforced and administered and to provide policy recommendations and analysis to the County Board. The Administration Department also includes the direct oversight to the Community Justice Collaboration Council (CJCC) and Treatment Courts Coordinator and their operations.
The Community Justice Collaborating Council and Treatment Courts Coordinator is responsible for supporting the activities of the Community Justice Collaborating Council (CJCC), the Jefferson County Alcohol Treatment Court (JCATC) and the Jefferson County Drug Treatment Court (JCDTC). The position helps all County and Criminal Justice officials gain a comprehensive view of problems and operations and provides a range of alternative solutions and long-range impact of decisions to the County's Justice System.
To be successful in this position, you will be focusing on the below responsibilities:
- Establishes goals, priorities, programs, and the organizational structure of the CJCC in conjunction with the CJCC, treatment court staffing team and CJCC subcommittees. Develops program specifications, performance measures and evaluation standards for the CJCC.
- Works closely with governmental, judicial, and private agencies to coordinate services and assist in the resolution of problems, questions, or requests related to services provided.
- Develops the CJCC/Treatment Court annual budget and coordinates the planning and implementation of CJCC and Treatment Court activities within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists in the development and support of the CJCC, the CJCC Standing Committees and Sub Committees, and attends committee meetings as needed. May serve on other committees and boards that align with goals of CJCC such as the Drug Free Coalition.
- Oversees the Case Management contract for the JCATC and JCDTC, including coordinating evaluating outcomes of the JCATC and JCDTC, as well as all grant documentation and administration.
- Obtains and analyzes information, research program issues, evaluates alternatives, and makes appropriate recommendations related to implementation of CJCC initiatives, including providing operational and statistical reports to support recommendations.
- Studies and develops methods to provide for the availability and development of resources, facilities, and services that will be required for, or offered by the CJCC.
- Explores potential resources for future grant funding and participates in applying for such grants on behalf of the CJCC and the treatment courts. Assists in the development of Request for Proposals and Vendor Purchase of Services Contracts.
- Participates in treatment court services, including pre-screening offenders using objective based classification, LSI, or other applicable processes for placement into appropriate programs; attending treatment court staffing meetings; assisting with coordination of services and post-graduation opportunities for treatment court participants; and testifying in court regarding case specifics. May assist as needed in coordination with case management contract to support required of alcohol and drug testing of participants.
- Represents the CJCC at local and state committee meetings, County Board meetings, and at local or national seminars, making oral and written presentations as required.
- Assists in publicity and promotion of the CJCC and treatment courts. Coordinates in-service and other training seminars to facilitate implementation of new programs, procedures, or initiatives.
- Adheres to and promotes safety as a priority in the workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Maintains confidentiality and complies with County HIPAA Policies and Procedures, if applicable.
- Demonstrates dependable attendance.
Starting wage = $28.63 - $36.82 per hour
Benefits: eligible for our excellent benefit package with details at the below link